I'm getting an error upon checking out. What should I do?
A processor decline indicates that the customer’s bank has refused the transaction request. Sometimes you can tell why it was declined by the following response code, but only your bank could confirm the specific reason. Here are some common reasons for the declines:
- Do Not Honour: The customer's bank has rejected the transaction. Kindly contact your bank for more details regarding this generic decline.
- Insufficient Funds: At the point of transaction, there was a lack of fund to cover the transaction. All you need to do is ensure that there are sufficient funds in the account before retrying and you are all set!
- Limit Exceeded: Sometimes we have limits in place to manage our spendings, and this may be the cause when your attempted purchase exceeds the withdrawal limit of your account.
Kindly contact your bank to adjust the account limits or use a different payment method for a successful check-out.
- Card Issuer Declined CVV: We all have our share of mistakes, when entered an invalid security code or a typo in the card information field. Kindly attempt again – if the decline persists, Kindly reach out to your bank for more information.
- Invalid Transaction: The bank has declined the transaction, typically because the card in question does not support this type of transaction. Kindly contact the bank for more information.